Thursday, May 28, 2009

indiana summer goodbye

Tomorrow morning I leave my hot & humid Indiana home for the warm and dry Los Angeles-area summer. As much as I love LA and all it brings (read: ocean), there are some things I'm really going to miss about my little town in Indiana, especially during the summer. This list is in no particular order, by the way...

o Thunderstorms: And rain in general. (I spent 3 months in ES/LA last summer and didn't see a drop of rain. I am not kidding.) But summer storms are one of my favorite things ever so going without them is pretty tough on me. (Admittedly, having 70 degree sunny perfect days every day is nice for event planning...but I do like rain too.)

o Stars: I can't see the stars very well from the condo I'll be living in. Also, going down to the beach at night to try to find some stars over the ocean is kind of scary. It really shouldn't be (ES is the safest city in LA county) but it still is. Active imagination and all. But looking at stars one of my favorite things to do regardless of season.

o My car: I love my car, or maybe it's just the fact that I *have* a car that I can get places with when I want/need to. Having to rely on LA public transport, or trying to get someone to drive me somewhere on their time, is not really my cup of tea. I also just adore driving, so I'm going to miss it an awful lot.

o Walmart: I am totally not kidding, and actually that makes me kind of sad. But Walmart is so incredibly convenient and cheap, and it seems like nothing in LA is either one of those things, that it would just be nice to have around. The closest Target to me is in MB and that is too far to walk or board to (it's nowhere near the beach, which would make it sooo easy) and I don't know about the busses there. 

o My family & friends: I miss them when I'm away, even if they're also away in other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment